Friday, January 8, 2010

Recommended Reading




This book was recommended to me by my Korean friend, who told me that it was used as a textbook in one of his English conversation classes. He gave me a copy, and to be honest, I couldn't put it down. It was really easy to read, but fascinating and entertaining at the same time. I feel like it helped me gain a lot better understanding of Korean culture and society. Anyone who is interested in Korea, or who is thinking about coming here to work, should read this book.

There is another aspect of this book, however, which should not be overlooked. Like my friend said, it makes excellent classroom material. If you are teaching about Korea to English students, this book is an excellent recourse because it presents the information in a way that is thought provoking, yet easy to understand. If you are teaching ESL to Korean students, they will undoubtedly be not only interested, but also passionate about the material that is presented.

Without reservation, this book gets the ESLoutlet seal of approval...

No comments:

Post a Comment